Travelers’ Rest Connection supports Travelers’ Rest State Park through outreach, advocacy, and educational experiences connecting the past to the future.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Hattie Redmon, President
Wyman Petro, Vice President
Greg Halls, Treasurer
Molly Stockdale, Executive Director
BY THE NUMBERS
- 40,000+ visitors each year
- 10,000 years as a cultural crossroads among Native American peoples
- 3,000 hours volunteered as guides and interpreters
- 2,000 school children experiencing hands-on history on field trips
- 130+ species of birds identified
- 65 acres of natural beauty
- 1 – the ONLY archaeologically verified campsite of Lewis and Clark and the Corps of Discovery
PARTNERSHIP WITH MONTANA STATE PARKS
The unique partnership between Montana State Parks and Travelers’ Rest Connection ensures that Travelers’ Rest State Park provides the highest level of visitor services, as well as unique educational opportunities. From tours to storytelling, from field trips to community events, we support a wide variety of programs for children and adults. These programs are delivered by professional parks staff, AmeriCorps members, and dedicated volunteers.