Join Us + Get Involved
Travelers’ Rest Connection relies on generous donations from our members in support of educational and interpretive programs at the Park. Click on the Donate button below to make your tax-deductible contribution or click here to request additional information on membership.
LEVELS AND BENEFITS
In 2022, all members will receive:
- Invitation to a members-only event
- 10% discount in the gift shop
- Free access to online programs like Saturday Storytelling
- Membership in Time Travelers, a reciprocal membership network offering discounts at historic sites and museums throughout the United States.
Your membership provides benefits to all those who visit the park:
Individual Member ($40)
- Keep the park and trails in good shape
- Underwrite outreach programs
- Print trail maps and signs
- Support management of the riparian area
- Promote stewardship
- Improve native plant garden
- Provide educational programs for families and classrooms
- Fund partnerships with nonprofits
- Engage expert speakers
- Expand the reach of Travelers’ Rest online
- Support AmeriCorps members
Captain’s Circle ($500)
- Adapt and enhance interpretive exhibits
- Fund staff training and consultation with historians, archaeologists, and tribal partners.
To request additional information visit our contact page.
You don’t need to be a Lewis and Clark expert or understand archaeology to provide critical service to Travelers’ Rest State Park. Listed here are brief descriptions of the many volunteer opportunities.
Montana State Parks Volunteer
Interact informally with visitors as you rove around the Park. Share knowledge about the Lewis and Clark campsite, local flora and fauna, the Native American history of the area, park rules and more.
B.A.R.K. Ranger Ambassadors
B.A.R.K. Rangers provide information about the park, highlight pet policies and pet safety, help protect the park. Your canine companion must be a well-behaved and trained dog, that can interact with other dog walkers in the park, while the Ambassador interprets pet policies.
Learn curriculum for a variety of field trips and lead school-aged children in place-based educational activities in the spring and fall.
Lead guided walks through the park or nature activities during special events. Help coordinate events like park clean-up days.
Keep the grounds and buildings of Travelers’ Rest looking good and safe for visitors.
Travelers’ Rest Connection Volunteer
You can also volunteer with Travelers’ Rest Connection at a variety of outreach and fundraising events or on our Board of Directors.
Special Events Volunteer
Set-up activities, distribute event information, direct traffic, help with marketing, etc. for indoor and outdoor activities including lectures, community events, fundraisers and festivals.
Travelers’ Rest Connection Board Member
Contribute to efforts to meet our mission to support Travelers’ Rest State Park through outreach, advocacy, and educational experiences connecting the past to the future. For more information and a complete job description, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRPHA, dba Travelers’ Rest Connection, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit; tax id # 81-0541891. Membership donations are deductible to the extent allowed by law.