Trekker Kids At Travelers’ Rest State Park
Trekker Kids is a series of activities and programs for kids and families that celebrate the outdoors of western Montana and the rich history of the Travelers’ Rest site. Trekker Kids is FREE and geared toward children 10 and under and their families.
- June 5: National Trails Day
- 11 a.m.
- Let’s hit the trails! Learn about maps through historical and modern examples, and then explore the park’s trails to create your own map.
- June 19: Fantastic Fish
- 11 a.m.
- Father’s Day weekend is all about fishing at Travelers’ Rest. Come learn about the anatomy of our fish friends and then create one of your own.
Stuck inside? Enjoy fun, educational, downloadable activities:
- Stormwater Runoff
- Parks to Kids Day
- Month of the Bitterroot
- Earth Day
- Let’s Get Birding
- Watch Out for Bugs
- Outdoor Bingo and Scavenger Hunt
- Ranger Marisa’s Nature Journal
- Birds of the Expedition Coloring Pages
- Corps of Discovery Camp-In
- Halloween Theme Crafts
- Halloween Theme Activities
- Creature Features (for older kids)